søndag den 25. marts 2012

Zhangjiajie National Forest Park

Photography has been my on and mostly off hobby for 25 years. The last few years I have not taken many pictures, but I feel the urge slowly rising to begin taking photographs again - of cause starting with the need for a new camera.

But now and then I revisit some of my older photos, and a few times a year I also print some on my Epson printer that mostly sits idle in the office. Some months ago I bought a quite nice and very cheap A3 frame with passepartous in IKEA, and that inspired me to find one of my own photographs to print, frame and hang in my house.

I ended up printing and hanging two photographs from a 2008 trip to Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. The Zhangjiajie is a fantastic place in the Hunan province of China (one of my daughters is born in Hunan). However, at our visit in 2008 it was so foggy that we could see very little and I thought that none of the perhaps 50 pictures I took was any good.

But revisiting them 3½ years later I tried a very different approach. I made a dark almost monochrome interpretation with a gritty structure of the fog sharpened to give a coarseness to the pictures. The pictures have a very simple V and A composition, and both have a lot of depth.



























I like them as they show in this blog, but this is the first time I really worked with a photo to make it work in print, and they are a lot nicer as print, hanging in their IKEA frames above my Chinese sideboard.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar